The life that you will be expecting in the Bay Area is actually very glorified, but what is it actually?
According to a lot of research and data published by a lot of companies, almost 60% of graduates from top schools in Silicon Valley went to school in a different region.
- Let us talk about the advantages first. You will find that your co-workers are very brilliant. Talent is something that attracts other talent. If you are working in World-leading companies like Apple, Facebook or Google, you will find very interesting individuals around you.
- Secondly, you will also see that the demand for tech jobs is very high. You will find that you will also be offered a lot of money if you happen to get a job offer in Silicon Valley.
- Thirdly, the compensation is very hefty. The average starting salary for an engineer is $112,000 in Silicon Valley.
- It certainly is an amazing place to settle, because it is very beautiful and you have a lot of things to do that. You can get really good food as well. I don’t even have to mention the scenery that you get, because you are literally in the Bay Area.
- There are some disadvantages to living in Silicon Valley for Millennials. The cost of living is obviously through the roof, and this will make a difference, no matter how much money you make. San Francisco is definitely among the top five most expensive city to live in, in the United States of America. That is why you will be paying a lot of money for rent. Even with a decent salary, you will have to live with a couple of roommates if it is going to be a very nice house. Your rent will be three times higher when compared to rent costs in places like Chicago.
- The work times are very long. If you are looking at a typical 40-hour workweek, Silicon Valley is not exactly the best for you. You will be working much longer than 40 hours a week.
- You should also understand that a lot of tech companies end up feeling. That is why your company might actually fail. You should understand that you need to have a couple of options in the bag, just in case. You need to alter your perception of Silicon Valley and make it realistic.
- You should also know that employees at Silicon Valley technological companies have a lot of access to the extravagant books around, but there are some strings as well. If you are going to be using the parts, you will be attached to some strings.