Our engagement process for projects generates results.
Project Delivery Process
Selected pro-bono projects go through an iterative, collaborative 6-step SVTP review/assessment as follows:
- Project Kickoff. After the submission of the project scope form and a community of interest has been formed, a “call for talent” is sent out and volunteers are recruited. Once the volunteer team is recruited, the SVTP project coordinator initiates the first project team meeting. The project coordinator (s) is confirmed at this meeting. The volunteers have an opportunity to ask questions and gather information to better understand the organization and project.
- Project Scoping. Following the kickoff meeting, which team meets to define the project scope of work they feel they can deliver within an mutually agreed time frame. Next step, the team develops a project plan which will be shared with the public agency/department .
- Regular Check-ins. Volunteer teams meet at regular intervals, typically once a week or once every two weeks, in person or via conference call. These meetings are opportunities to share information amongst the team members and talk about next steps in the project process.
- Individual Work. Volunteers will also engage in individual activities as agreed upon by the team that may include interacting, interviewing and discussing relevant topics with the public agency/department’s team members, reviewing financial reports and research.
- Interim Check-in. SVTP Project Coordinator will facilitate an interim check-in with the public agency and volunteer team.
- Final Presentation. Teams will demo or make a final presentation to the public agency or department.