Silicon Valley Talent Partnership creates and manages meaningful and innovative partnerships between private-sector volunteers and civic agencies—restoring government’s capacity to innovate, enhance service delivery, and improve the quality of life of communities across Silicon Valley.
SVTP Fellows and interns have a unique opportunity to work in a one-of-a-kind, innovative organization, which is impacting civic entrepreneurship by creating public-private partnerships for the public sector to build stronger cities and communities. As an SVTP intern, you will collaborate with the SVTP team and engage with civic, private sector, and community partners to address and solve community problems. We emphasize open communication, innovation, and taking personal responsibility for our own success.
Join our team to deepen community impact in Silicon Valley!
- Contribute regularly to social media marketing for events and relevant current projects e.g. academies, seminars, conferences, workshops, meetups and more;
- Create content to tell SVTP’s story through media (photography and videos), blogs and case studies;
- Draft communications and online marketing for events and programs; and
- Research digital trends and the online behaviors of specific target audiences.
- Conduct data analyses of program participants;
- Research trends and behaviors of specific target audiences; and
- Synthesize and present qualitative and quantitative data related to projects and case studies.
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and problem solving abilities;
- Must demonstrate passion for and commitment to social justice and interest in working for the underserved communities;
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University undergraduate program, recent college graduate, or high school senior with relevant experience;
- An academic background in or a strong interest in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, and/or political science;
- Must have strong professional skills and impeccable academic credentials.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity and ability to work with a wide range of individuals from executives in private and public sector and also with vulnerable communities.
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer software programs desired: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to write and articulate ideas in a persuasive, organized, and effective manner;
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Self-starter, dependable, punctual, and ability to work independently, identify resources and be creative;
- Additionally, these skills are a plus:
- Experience using Facebook and Twitter for social media campaigns for work or extracurricular activities.
- Experience with content management systems e.g. Wordpress, Weebly, etc
- Experience in graphic design e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with video editing software e.g. iMovie, Final Cut Pro
- Have a portfolio of online print and social media work similar to the content mentioned above;
- Commitment:Interns are expected to commit 10-15 hours per week, from now until December 18, 2016. Interns are expected to provide their own transportation to arrive at the office and use their own personal computer. We are unable to provide financial compensation but can work with the intern and college to receive college credit for the internship.
Send Resume & Cover letter to Masha Maslova masha[at]svtpca[dot]org
VOLUNTEER or MENTOR
Tech, marketing, business professionals are encouraged to sign up. You can sign up here http://www.signupforsvtpca.org